Friday, October 30, 2009

Fall Walking.






{Yesterday was the perfect weather. I could live every day like that. Anyway, if you know me, or were to ask me, you'd know that I'm not the biggest fan of Williamsburg. However, a later afternoon walk in the lower ends, or I suppose northern ends- the few blocks closest to the water, closer to the Hasidic Jewish communities- offers a different perspective of the neighborhood. Wow, you prentious prick. Anyway, on my way from Fort Greene to North 11th I stumbled on two amazing finds, both new to me, and both the very best of what they offer: LUDDITE and BAKERI.

LUDDITE has a really amazing, well curated, selection of furniture and found objects (coming from a guy who's spent the last 4 years immersed in a very similar environment) while BAKERI had the best coffee and the most amazing pastry, I've had in a long long time. And a great, homely, well thought out space too. Community Tables.

I never used to drink coffee. A stressful summer turned me into an addict.

Oh and the pastry? I don't remember what it's called, but if you go with me sometime, I'll make sure you get it}

No comments: